Monday, October 20, 2008

What does your poker game say about you?

Hi all,
just a quick fun one for you all.
What does your game say about you as a person?
Ie: Are you devious? cunning? deceitful? etc?
Do you think what you do for a living aids you in your quest to be successful as a poker player?
Tell me what you think.

cowhead72.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll tell ya what my game says about me. It says that I don't have the intelligence that the Good Lord gave to, well, a cow!

DEAMEIN said...

I believe my poker game says alot about how I conduct myself in a personal and business setting.

Patience = I am very patient. I can maintain discipline through even the worst card runs and play situational poker to advance myself in the tournament.

Calculating = I make quick decisive moves. I never make a move without a solid reason behind it.

Aggressive = I can be selective with my aggression. I can often see when the situation calls for aggression and I have no problem pulling the trigger.

Composure = I can keep my composure. I do not allow bad beats to affect my game. I will sometimes be frustrated or agrivated at a situation, but I do not let it affect my play. When I take a bad beat I always try to think of what I could have done differently. Sometimes their is nothing you can do in a hand to change its fate, but their are things I could have done earlier in the tournament that would not have put me in a position to be hurt as bad by the beat as I was.

Polite = I am always that player at the table saying, GL, GG, or NH. In person when someone gives me a bad beat I do not say anything other than NH. When I bust someone or bad beat someone I never rub it in their face or run my mouth I always say GG.

Regret = I TRY not to regret what I have done in a poker game. I know that I will make mistakes. My goal is to get to a point that I am making no mistakes. I know I will never get there (No one will) but I use the so called regretfull situations as a learning experience. I try to find out what I did wrong and how I can avoid making that mistake in the future.