Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How often do you find yourself sitting at a table either online or live and feel totally outclassed?

I'm not talking about the whole table, I mean how often do you sit and think "oh no" its John Doe?
Who? if anyone, scares you at the tables on UB?
I ask because I had a conversation with Susie a while back now and although I respect a lot of players at UB I can only remember being totally outclassed by one player at UB (although I suck, I don't think I could play my best if I played scared) and he/she totally had me worried every time I found myself at the same table.
It was a long time ago but I really couldn't touch this player for some reason he/she just totally had my number.
Susie tells me this player is known by you guys (chilliking).
Anyone had this problem in the past and who is their Ub nemesis??????
Come on don't be shy. Do tell.

5 comments:

SusieQue said...

I have come to realise there is nobody I am afraid of anymore..Just people I hate to play with. Some because I think they play like shit..some because they are tough to read...Some because they are just poor players.

TomPhoolery said...

I don't ever feel outclassed. I actually prefer to play with players that are high caliber, high quality players that also know me - more predictable outcomes. It's the donks that get lucky on stupid suckouts that scare me. But that seems to happen more online than live. I can't tell you how many times I've been 90% or greater to win a hand after the flop and some online donk sucks out on me after calling my big bets or coming over the top all in.

cowhead72 said...

Ok guys, thanks, but lets rephrase the question.

Is there any particular player that always seems to bust or cripple you? good or bad?
Who is your nemesis?

DEAMEIN said...

Interestingly enough I have never felt outclassed at a poker table, even when I first started playing. As far as having someone that I just could not beat that would have to be _Maui_. I had mainly played this person in Aruba/WSOP satellites, and could never seem to get hands to hold up against him. I was finally seated next to him in an Aruba satellite that paid 1st thru 25th a seat and with 37 people left i had not been in a confrontation with him for the entire tournament which was surprising cause he was seated immediately on my left, but his aggressive bubble play kicked in and he called a raise from me UTG and I flopped top set of aces on a A93 rainbow board and he decided he was going to move me in and he ended up going runner, runner for a straight with his KT. This is when I knew for sure that I just can't beat that person.

DEAMEIN said...

I lied it was actually Mahi-Mahi.