Hi guys,,I have an amusing tale to tell about a lil hustle.
I was invited to a 40th birthday party last night at a local pub in their function room.
Whilst standing outside having a quick smoke, I spotted a friend of mine and we chatted briefly and he happened to mention that the pub had invested in an electronic heads up poker table and that the locals were going crazy with it and playing silly stakes.
So I went back inside, told my girlfriend I was going to sit in the bar section of the pub for a half hour or so as I'd ran into an old friend and I was gonna have a quick chat and catch up.
I bought her a drink and left her there with her 3 sisters and ventured into the bar.
When my friend said "silly stakes" I was thinking something like £20($40) a pop, as poker in pubs isn't that popular and a lot of newbies don't play for decent stakes.
To my surprise there was a group of guys huddled around the table (drunk) playing for £50 ($100) a pop.
My friend asked "Dave! have you ever played before?" to which I replied "well, no actually, but I've watched it on TV a little. How hard can it be?"
I then stood and watched 3 or 4 games between a couple of the guys and to my amazement the best I could possibly describe them as is "mega donkeys".
King donk (the best player there, who was still awful) says "come on mate, take a seat and get yourself ready for an ass whupping"
I say "ok, take it easy on me man, its my first time, and, I only have £20($40), Is that ok?
To which he replies "Its not really worth my time but yes come on sit down and I'll make it quick so it wont hurt too much"
He was right, he didn't let it go on too long as he managed to donk off his stack to me in 4 hands.lol
The whole crowd were making fun of him and laughing and giving me high fives etc as I'd managed to beat their top man in 4 hands, and in my first ever game too,,lol (so they thought)
This sparked mass hysteria as everyone wanted a piece of the action now, both in wanting to bust the new poker hero as well as a lot of side betting etc.
The same guy says "ok, leave the £40 on the table and I'll match it, double or nothing?"
Ok, round 2.
This guy was very aggro preflop, but post flop= check,check,check unless he made a hand then he would over bet and sometimes shove when the blinds were still minuscule and we were sitting with around 50xBB's each,lol.
So I play him slow and value bet any marginal hand to which he called with bottom pair, ace high etc.
This guy has to be the worst player I have ever met either online or live and he was the best player in the place,lol.
As I said I take this guy to value town almost every hand until I had like a 4/1 chip lead then he starts to get desperate and frustrated and started to shove every hand, even though he still had like 15xbbs.
Next hand I pick up AA and he says"aren't you ever going to call my all ins? Gimme some chips back dude" I say "No man, I worked hard to get these, I'm not taking any chances and just giving them back to you"
He says "ok" and clicked all in,lol.
BAM!!!! GG sir, my aces hold up and he gets up from the table.
The guy who had just donked off to the guy I just played pulls out a thick roll and says "ok big guy, I'll play but I'm not playing you for £20. I was thinking shit, I've lost my action already. Then he surprised me and said, I'm sitting for a game for £50 min. If that's too much then leave the table and let the big boys play.
An hour later I've played like 9 matches and won all 9 inside 30 hands in each.
I leave the bar area up £500 with my reputation as a newbie still intact with the yokels saying I had a wild ride with my "beginners luck". Asking me to come back Sunday for another game and the chance to get their money back,lol.
I've never been good enough at anything to be able to hustle anyone in the past but, with a decent knowledge of the game of poker and a group of random drunk donks(who still don't realise they just got stiffed) I'm happy to say I've made my first ever hustle and it was a fun and profitable experience.
So with that in mind, I'm considering switching local pubs from my usual to this fine establishment. The decor is awful, the locals are rough, the beer tastes like piss, but its possibly my new favourite pub.
I'll keep you all posted of future events at "THE INN PLACE". Soon to be renamed to "THE ALL-IN PLACE".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
rofl!!
SWEET!
Now, put your winnings into your UB account! :D
emmmm, where did u say this pub was?
Post a Comment