Tuesday, October 14, 2008

UB sponsered pro's????

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding the sponsered pro's.

Firstly, I have just encountered (and PWNED obv) a player in a sng named FATcats, who is he???

Secondly, I was wondering if anyone knows how you qualify to be a sponsored pro by Ub? Is it results based etc? I know Scott Ian is a celeb and seems to be a solid player but aside from that how do you get to be pro? Obviously some of you might know having debo and H0 in the crew.
Are they contracted? Are they given cash to play online as they see fit? Do they receive a fee on a contracted basis type deal? Do they get staked in big tourneys like WSOP and WPT events etc?
I know this might seem like a lame post but I've always wondered what the deal is.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Cowhead72

1 comment:

SusieQue said...

fatcats is Tracy scala and a very good poker player.And was on the 1st season on the best damn poker show. I met him a few years back and he is one of the best cash games players there is.As far as the Pros....its different for all of them depending on what their role is. Some are hired as live reps and some are online reps.They all have different contracts based on what purpose they serve. Is anyone going to ask you to be a pro...I doubt it. On Ub it seems that you have to be in the "clique" to get one of those jobs..lol