Sunday, November 2, 2008

Best Bang for the Buck on UB?

Hey Ecrew!

Felt like getting your input on this. For many months, I had put a lot of effort and a "few" rebuys in playing satellites for the 200k. I did win a ton of seats for that, somewhere around 35 of them since January (some weeks, i couldn't play on Sunday), with an average of $63 spent for each seat I won. All this to cash an awesome 3 times in that one (and nothing worth mentioning)! Wooohoo!!! So of course, my ROI for the 200k, and in general for that matter, takes a plunge because of that specifically. And it just seems that the 200k is filled with so much insanity, that spending tons of $ just to get seats in it is not a good investment. I mean, what % of times should we expect to make the FT in that one, where the $ will make a difference??? So I started ignoring the 200k to move to other mtts.

So, that being said, I figured, Hell, the 80k sounds a lot better, less than half the field of the 200k, and still 20k to winner so, not bad...and for that reason, seems like the satellites were easier to get. So won a few of those...but then, same problem...unless u make top 5-6 in that one, no big ROI. So the search goes on...

So which one is it?

1)The 8k, $33 rebuy?

2)The 30k, $130 sniper?

3)The Deep stack 20k, $120?

4)Some other???

I gotta be honest here, I'm starting to think that buying in directly to the Deepstack20k and maybe get into the 200k,80k sats that i can freeze(without saying it, i know my love lol), is the best way to go!

Anyways, please gimme your input :-)

Thanks and good luck!

2 comments:

evilCrusher said...

I'll have to vote for the 8pm $130 deepstack.

-usually less than 200 players.
-5000 starting chips
-15 minute blinds
-1st pays about $5000
-3 seat guaranteed $5rebuy qualifiers twice a day. I usually spend $15-$20 each time i play.

The-Prophet said...

Sadly, I have to say that in general the answer is not to be found on UB. Other sites give much better buyin value.

The "new" Annie Duke schedual has led to a crazy number of donk penny sats and feeders to donk "sniper" tourneys with little or no guaranteed prize fund and in my opinion has killed the site.

That combined with the fact that all seats won in sats are now "must play" (and usually feed to a tourney many hours later on the same day) - so no option of taking $TD's - has caused a lot of the old regulars to leave.

Notice how on a Friday or Saturday evening the number of players is now like c.19k and down from the 22k or 25k it was a year ago, I think says it all.

Also, on UB the turnover of players is huge. So many people join and then 2 weeks later, after losing their initial deposit, they are gone.

As a consequence of all the above it is much harder to make any return on UB.

The only good thing about UB is e-crew.

IMO: UB is a good example of how to screw up a great poker site!

All in all, very sad....