Monday, November 10, 2008

Rebuy Record?

Does anyone know what the record for rebuys is?

No joke, last week I watched this guy in a $2 rebuy go all in every hand for an hour. I joined the table late but still counted 73 rebuys but there were a good few more before I started counting. I reckon he must have spend at least $180 on it. Following first break, he played tight (ish) but then donked his stack after about 5 hands. BTW: 4th place paid $155!

Then the next day in a $3 rebuy I watched a guy rebuy about 40 times ($120 spent).

Is this a record?

P.S.: Do you know anyone like this that would like to play in a nice friendly cash game at my house?

5 comments:

cowhead72 said...

Mooknam and I were talking about this very subject the other day and he told me he once rebought about 60 times in the 9pm $1 turbo rebuy.
not 73 but only 30 mins rebuy period. I think that may be the record
Ps: grab a few beers and sit back and watch him go, lol.

DashAlert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FrankyBgood said...

That's a pretty sad record! lol

I mean geez...some people need to stop drinking! 73 rebuys? Have to win to get even? Stupid is as stupid does huh? lol

Anyways, just wanted to pass by this little info here: I heard an interview with Phil Laak this week on TV, he said he rebought 27 times in the $1500 rebuy event in this year's WSOP. Now we're not talkin $1 donkfests here people! 27x $1500!!! Ouch!

REZ said...

I pretty much rebuy the max at the beginning of rebuy play aggressive with the loonies and generally end the rebuy with 20K+ and in the top 1-10% of field starting the next level...then I get close to the money and donk my chips off.

MookNam said...

It is true people. I am a rebuy mad fool. Cow's account is way off tho. My record is over 80 rebuys in the $1 rebuy. Why? Because I'm certainly capable of winning it (check my ROI in $1 rebuys). But most importantly, the rebuys are a place where I can shove all in everyhand for a halfhour/hour and reallly watch people lose their minds. I think that might be why I do it. People really don't understand. Sure, the majority of times at the end of the rebuy hour I have an avg stack or possibly am starting with the minimum, but many times you might see my name in the top 3 also. By playing like a complete maniac you put the rest of your table on tilt, get them to gamble, create huge pots, and have fun! Then its back to ultra nit land once rebuy period ends. Sit on your 30k and wait for good spots.

I think PokerHo (maybe it was Shawn Rice) told me that one of the UB pro's had over 120$ into the $1 rebuy.

You guys dont even wanna know my record for the 5$ rebuy, it's not pretty. Oh, and the 3$ rebuy on pokerstars... REAL ugly and I've never had success there.

As a general rule, insta addon 2x and shove 1st hand thru last hand until u have 15k+ chips. LOL. gl guys. PS, pray you're at my table in the rebuys... it'll be fun. I'm here for you!