Hi all,
I wondered if I could get some feedback on how anyone feels after a very good or bad session?
Personally, I have noticed lately that I'm either in a very good mood the day after a nice score or a profitable session, or in a ridiculously bad mood the day after a very bad session the day before.
I actually had a short break from playing recently because of this as I realised it was affecting my relationship with my girlfriend and family.
Does anyone feel this way too or am I possibly just a little too emotional?
If anyone has or does feel the same way when running good/bad, how did you deal with it?
My girlfriend says that "One day I'm the perfect partner and the next I'm total nightmare".
Any advice on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would love input on that myself...lol...seems like I'm always in a bad mood lately! It's a vicious circle. Am I in a bad mood because I have bad sessions/play bad or do I have bad session/play bad because I'm in a bad mood?
I usually get out of tilt with a short walk around and a deep breath...but not these days.
One thing for sure, a mood like that is not likely to produce good results.
I think we've all been there and done that.
In my own experience, when poker becomes too big a part of my life, it starts to have a detrimental impact on relationships, work, sleep, and health in general. It sounds to me like poker has become too big a part of your life and now other things are getting less attention and this in-balance is affecting your mood in a negative way. Because mood affects play and results affect mood, this is definately not healthy.
Personally, I believe that you have to have a balance in life between everything, and when life has a good balance, you feel happier and play much better, and you then achieve better results. If people around you are commenting on how much time you spend playing poker, they are probably right.
Dr Prophet recommends that you take a break, get some balance back and then in future limit the number of hours playing so you keep a healthy balance. Take a break, it will do you good and you will probably come back much stronger. In the meantime, it will also give the rest of us a chance!
Post a Comment