Good question Prophet.....would be interested in hearing what others do. If I'm going to rebuy at all, I'll usually do a double-rebuy at the start.
The most I've ever witnessed was in a live $10 rebuy at h0's bar last May. One guy did 35....count-em....35 rebuys during the 1st hour. Loose event I'd say.
BTW....for those of you going there this weekend for the Saturday game, they'll probably do a rebuy tourney Fri night if enough people arrive the night before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Typically I will start a rebuy tourney with no rebuys just the original buy in and will wait for a chance to double up and if I see that I am ahead and will double I will have my double rebuy ready and when the river hits if I win I double rebuy if not I single rebuy. Then at the end of the rebuy period I double add on. I like to have all the chips I can (Im a Donk I need them). I dont like to do any rebuys at the start because the play is too eratic and I dont like to have too many buy ins at risk without knowing I am winning the hand. Typically if I do catch a hand in the rebuy period and I win and get my double rebuy I am amongst the chip leaders right at the end of that hand and if i lose that hand I have only risked one buy in. it has worked well for me, but I have friends that take a different approach so I guess everyone has their own way of doing it.
I don't know that I have set a re-buy record other than at the end of the rebuy period in an MTT I had 63K+ chips ;o)
dash was obv at my table that time!! lol
I always double rebuy right off. Always. Even if i'm not in crazy mook rebuy mode, I still double rebuy and just wait to pick spots.
The only excpetion is satelites.... like the 10$rebuys for the 200k. There I don't double rebuy right away.... I just rebuy when I go broke (usualy 6 to 12 times per game obv... why buy right in whenu can spend 215 in a qualifier???)
Post a Comment