Monday, November 17, 2008

The 200K BS...

Well, I need to vent a little here...I know you don't want to hear about badbeat stories but I'm just wondering if i'm alone feeling this way about the 200k tourney...it's really turning into a nightmare for me.

I hadn't tried to get in for months specificly cause of the BS that I found all year. Now I log in early PM yesterday and notice a 200k satellite, 10 seater for 25$ rebuy and only a few people in...so I figure, what the hell...seems like this is an easy seat to get....which it was, I won my seat.

So I take the 2 hours left to rest before the start.

5:30 comes around. I want to play my best, go TAG for the 1st hour. I win a few small pots here and there build it up into 150th spot or so...

Then...this donk loses 2/3 of his stack with A2 on a AK78T board when someone had raised preflop (of course A2 was way behind to the AK). Then, with blinds still only at 15-30, he starts shoving his 1200 chips every hand. Well, I'm waiting for him and wake up with KK UTG....i just limp, figure he would do the same again. Which he does...being at 3500 at that point, I instacall...well, he had AQ and the board came T9QA2...of course. Ok ok...the donk had a hand, I played it to trap him and it backfired....

3 hands later......blinds at 20-40...I get KK again, this time in pos #2....no more limpin...I raised it to 180...button guy (who had played a bunch of hands) calls and we're HU. Flop is 34T...rainbow! Well, no slow playing here...been burned too many times so I bet the pot. Donk calls it. (can i be running into AA here? i guess it could be)....turn brings a Jack...I bet the pot again....he shoves allin...well...screw it, 333, 444, TTT, JJJ or AA beat me...anything else I'm good and he's been playin some crap early....so I call it (he had me covered by a few chips).

Well ladies and gents...what did this wonderful player have?......................JACK-4 OFFSUIT!
YES you read it right J4os!!!

Is it me? I mean the 200k has been like that for me for so long......wtf!!! J4os!!!

Well, that's it for me...200k will not be graced with my presence for a longgggggg time!

What's the problem????

3 comments:

MookNam said...

I understand your frustration but just remember (even though it might not seem so right now) that you actually want said donkey to play J4 in that spot. All day. Just sucks they seemingly always get there. I'm sure every person on the blog can relate to this. Keep your chin up and dont stop fighting!!! You WILL prevail.

The-Prophet said...

The 200k has always been a donkfest.

I havent checked the results this week but I used to check every week and found that most weeks there would be hardly any of the good regular players in the top 50 spots. As for the Winner? Never heard of him or seen him before.

The basic problem is the same as any big tourney that has cheap sats feeding into it. Idiots win their seat for a few $, so most tables have 8 or 9 donks on them, and every hand has one donk or another betting/calling/chasing to the end, and they dont know when (or how?) to fold. Then, by the time the river comes, the out of position pre-flop raiser/pusher with J4 off has made a straight or a flush.

You need much more luck to beat a table full of donks!

Now that it's a must play seat (no more TD$'s), I just don't bother anymore.

Ohhh, and by the way, by 200k standards, J4 off is a pretty good start hand! lol

icyravenhawk said...

It is the new poker theory. Play postion against early raiser and hope your ship(or shit) comes in. Early in the tourney you almost have to play small ball because the holding of the villian will almost certainly be ATC. But you still have to gamble to win.... its the donkfest that can build your stack or cripple it...variance it truly does suck. All you can do is tell yourself I played it right until I called the donkeys push. (He knew he was ahead...remember he is playing crap)