Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WSOP Circuit - Hammond IN

I wanted to share my experience in Hammond Indiana at the WSOP circuit event.
First of all, if you haven’t seen the remodel of the new Harra’s Horseshoe in Hammond…you are truly missing out. From what I hear Harra’s spent nearly one billion dollars and it reflects it! This place is ENORMOUS! Honestly I have never seen so many slot machines in my life. It would take two conventional slot floors in Vegas to make one of these!
The décor is really incredible as well, very elegant and very well suited for the environment. The bad news is there is no hotel there!?!?!?
But the most impressive of all was the Venue. The Venue is a stage point for most concerts and shows that the Horseshoe plays on weekends and special events. For the WSOP events Harra’s cleared out the floor and put in rolls and rolls of poker tables. They had areas cordoned off for each level/event being played, i.e. low buy-ins, SNGs and main event MTTs. It was very well organized!
Needless to say I didn’t have a really good run there; I played the $2100 and two Mega satellite events. Got deep in all three events, I just couldn’t pull the trigger on a cash.
On the flip side to that; I did however cash multiple times in the SNGs! FYI if anyone plays these SNGs in the future it is a great way to bank roll while there, kill time and they are soooo soft! There were so many bad players!
Next stop for me is Tunica for the WSOP circuit events there. If any of the ecrew wants to go let me know and we can make some pans to get together.
DashAlert

1 comment:

evilCrusher said...

I'm thinkin about spending a few days in Tunica for the 2009 WSOP Circuit. Not sure exactly when I'll be there, but it will be running Tuesday, January 20, 2009 to Monday, February 09, 2009.

Here is the link to the Schedule:

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/tournaments/2008%2F2009-WSOP-Circuit-Event-Harrah%27s-Tunica-508.htm