I will eventually get used to the new interface, but one thing that I will never be able to get used to is the rebuy periods in a TURBO satellite are now one hour. This is so insane. It does not favor the "skilled player", so basically these tournaments have turned into one sick luckfest. I guess this is their attempt to get more rebuys and addons, but there are more players registering now to take care of this.
UB PLEASE MAKE TURBO REBUY SATELLITES HOW THEY USED TO BE: with 30 minute rebuy periods!!!!!!
I am sad now.. sniff sniff-
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree. I hat ethe new Turbo Rebuy Structure. I have a question for all. Since we all have these issues with the new software, what is the best way to express our opinions to UB that would be most effective? Of is there not a good way of doing that? I understand the business aspect of the changes, and look forward to having more players to hopefully punish, but definately would prefer to change ALOT of what they have done.
there is a bunch of stuff Ub will be adjusting. The turbo sat issues are something they are currently working on. There will be many bugs and issues adressed. Nobody likes change and I ask everyone gives it a week before the mutiny begins
Yes, I agree with everything said and suggest you put these points directly to UB.
Hang on, talk to UB??? I hear you say... Has UB ever listened to the players? The whole problem with UB is it is run by people who know nothing about poker or what a poker player wants, and they don't seem to care. This is kinda demonstrated by the fact that they needeed to employ Annie Duke to help with the new tourney schedual, when they could of saved a load of $ by just reading their in-box. As far as the AD schedual goes, it is mostly crappy satellites and snipers and is even worse than the schedual changes UB made in early 2007 (remember how we all complained to no avail?). They didnt listen to us in 2007 and they probably didn't listen to much of what AD suggested this year. I just hope she got paid a lot of money for putting her name to it!
Furthermore, has anyone noticed the huge drop in the number of peak time users compared to 18 months ago? Back then there would always be about 25,000 players on a fri/sat evening. These days the number is much lower (c.17,000) and UB dont seem to mind about that either.
As regards bugs, etc, with the new platform, they tested it for ages on AP so my guess is it's finished and here to stay. The ONLY good thing about it is the return of the "Show Cards" button - and I never understood why that was taken away in the first place. Everything else is awful. In many ways it looks similar to Stars, except Stars is actually much better!
IMO it is a very strange business model. Apart from e-crew (which I can rarely play due to the time difference), I am really struggling to think of a single reason to play on the site any more.
After last year's changes and the new AD schedual this year, quite a few people voted with their feet but most stayed because we all really liked the interface. Now that its gone, I can't see many staying. I think UB has made one stupid change too many this time and will lose a hell of a lot of people because of it.
Oh, and as far as complaining to UB goes, be CEREUS!!!
Post a Comment