Okay, I reserved judgment until I played enough MTT and SNG tournaments to weigh the pros and cons of the new software.
Here are the pros:
1. Mouse over seat allows you to see the cards you mucked for the that hand.
2. I like the new look of the Hand History screen.
That's it for pros!
Here are the cons (not including the ones already pointed out on this blog site):
1. Transaction History does not show all transactions, i.e. there is no way to see what tournaments you have entered and paid fees for.
2. The tournament lobby for MTT does not refresh reliably. It usually doesn't refresh at all. I have to keep closing and re-opening the lobby from my table to see a refreshed view.
3. Prize info for rebuys aren't being displayed. I played a $10+1 rebuy for the Saturday 100K tournament. There were 18 players, 14 rebuys, and 19 add-ons. At no point, not even at the end of the tournament was any payout information displayed.
4. THIS IS A BIGGIE - I was playing the Femme Fatale ($120+10). I was the Big Blind. The hand played out and then a new player was brought to the table and seated to the empty seat to my right. The button moved to the player that was the Small Blind the previous hand, the new player posted the Small Blind and I was AGAIN the Big Blind - Two hands in a row I was the Big Blind at the same table. That is a major software glitch.
5. This isn't a software problem, but is a problem none the less. Tiffany M. was not seated at the Femme Fatale tournaments last night (11/28). They advertise that as a feature of the tournament (knock out Tiffany M. to win a seat at future tournament, which by the way is no longer the Sunday 200K, it's Wednesday's 30K Sniper).
6. I can't find a way to see completed tournaments. This morning I wanted to see how the Ecrew finished in the Femme Fatale tournament. DashAlert, Feldliss, T Laing, WiscoMurray, and I were all at the same table. Is there no way to see completed tournaments?
I have written an email to UB Support about these issues, but have not had a response yet. I thought players at Contender, Legend, or Icon status were supposed to get better responses from support. I didn't have an issue with responses from support before the introduction of CEREUS.
I've had several of the players that know me well seek me out and ask what I think of the changes. I've told them all that I am giving it a chance. Some have taken their money out and left. I did a similar thing with Party Poker in the early days when they were having so much trouble with their software. In fact, as a former software quality assurance director, I offered to help them, but they didn't accept, so I left for a while so they could fix their bugs.
Folks, I'm not yet certain what I'm going to do with my UB account, but I am CEREUS-ly considering taking a break until they fix these issues.
Susie, I don't know if you have any pull, but they need to know how CEREUS these problems are.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have always welcomed feedback from everyone and am more than happy to pass it along. As a matter of fact I just sent them a list of emails I had from players and all of the issues I sent are being addressed. I am not going to sit here and say I like everything because I would be lying. There are many things about the new software that are pissing me off and I want changed. After talking with one of the programers and Annie Duke I was assured that things will be changing. there is going to be many updates anf fixes to the software in the coming weeks. new tourneys will be added this week, Guarantees will be increased. THe rebuy glitch will be fixed, the font will be fixed, the flashing shit on the tbales will be fixed. But they are taking care of some of the more serious issues first then moving on the the annoying ones.THe buddy list will also be fixed to actually take you to the table NOT the lobby.All in good time!!!
I know it is hard to adjust and I know I am always asking people to give it a chance..But I do believe UB is listening to out complaints and we will just have to see how many are addressed.
This isnt going to happen over night but I do think it will happen. I know some of you want to leave the site and that is fine, I am not going to beg anyone to stay at UB, But I ask that you keep an open mind and trust that I will let those of you know thru the newsletter what things are being fixed as they fix them!
until then...I wish you all luck at whatever site your playing on and I just hope that we will all be together again very soon
Post a Comment