Sunday, November 2, 2008

Timing tells online


Some other input here please :-)

I tend to put a lot of effort to look at timing tells online...and also on giving false timing tells myself. I'm wondering if the following guidelines I've laid for myself are true or not:

1)An insta-raise is a bluff "most" of the time.

2)A "full time bank" raise that's not allin, denotes a lot of strenght.

3)A "full time bank" min-raise is screamin for me to shove.

4)A probe bet on flushdraw board then a "fulltimebank" check when the flush hits, means he hit it.

5)Insta pot bet after flop is a continuation bet when missed the flop with big ace...

6)Fulltimebank check is someone wanting to see a free card wanting you to think he's strong...

Of course, I don't rely on those as a bible or anything but these are the first things that pop in my head when those situations occur...which i would verify with my action before committing of course. And where I don't want to rely on them too much is that a LOT of people give out false tells for either bad connection or because they play a lot of tables...

So gimme your input plz

And remember this: Time will tell!!! :-)

1 comment:

The-Prophet said...

I think the same about these plays and generally think ur summary is ofton correct.

I would just add that the Instant shove post flop can also be a sign of strenght as well as a bluff.

For myself, and depending on my opponent, I mix my response times up to either try and confuse people like you and me, or so that I can produce the reply I want to my action. It really depends on my opinion of opponent.

Doesnt always work but IMO timing is an important tool which can be used effectivly against both rookies and skilled players.