Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Thoughts on Ecrew

As we all know Ecrew started as a tribute to my late husband. He is the one who got me playing this crazy game and He is the reason Ecrew was born. I got my start playing on UB, We started ecrew on UB, I have been fortunate enough to not only meet my boyfreind on UB but many of the ecrew players through Ecrew events and Ub sponsored events and trips such as Aruba. I AM UB through and through!!!

This group would not have become as close as we are if not for the community UB has. And none of us would have the pleasure of seeing (virtually) each other every tues night. Because of this group and the fact that there is power in numbers I have been given contacts to take care of all of you just like a Host in a local casino. I dont get anything out of it But being able to help all of you!

I have never begged anyone to play ecrew and never asked for a thing in return. All I want to do is help make this site the best it can be. Not for myself but you ALL of you. Ub has been very good to me and has always taken care of the players who needed help. I am not 100% happy with the changes and I will continue to do what I can to improve it.

Ecrew is UBECREW and I will not move it and I will not alter it. For those of you who choose not to play here that is fine by me. It is your hard earned money and you should spend it where you see fit.

My efforts will continue to help make things great for all of us. And for those who have left UB and left ecrew..All I have to say is you really just dont get the whole point of Ecrew and maybe your better off enjoying the million players and huge fields at Stars OR the non speaking boring tables at fulltilt!
Either way I wish you luck and hope that someday you "get" the whole reason for Ecrew"

SusieQue

5 comments:

cowhead72 said...

I kinda hear whee prophet is coming from but,,,,,
I totally agree with you Susie.
ecrew is UBECREW.
Personally, Ive always played at UB and always will. Ive dabbled at other sites but none have given me the pleasure of meeting so many great people.
Aside from that, I know how ecrew got started and what its all about and thats why I always thak you hun for inviting me into your circle of friends to play poker and have fun.
For anyone that thinks this may be an ass kissing excercise I'll stop you there, and tell you its not.
Long live the ub"ecrew" and the memory of your late husband hun.

As long as Im invited, I'll continue to play.
UB for life.

The-Prophet said...

I guess I touched a nerve with my post on the blog which is not what I intended. Whilst I ofcourse understand what ecrew is about, it would be a pity to stand by and see ecrew slowly disintergrate with UB.

UB is a close community, it plays to a very high standard, and the table chat and the people you meet are also excellent. These are not things you get from playing on other sites.

Having said that, and even though it may not be my place to be concerned, because I believe that ecrew IS a great community and it IS a lot of fun, I am concerned for the future and I would not like to see ecrew fall slowly apart. That's why I put forward the idea of perhaps moving it to another site (temporarally perhaps?). It does concern me that people are leaving UB and it seems that being a member of ecrew is not a good enough reason to make them stay. People are leaving UB because they feel strongly about the changes and also because they feel that UB have disregarded their concerns and needs. It seems that these people feel that because that UB has ignored their opinions so many times, they now have had enough. A sad consequence of their decision is that they won't play with ecrew any more.

Clearly, ecrew is not going to stop people from leaving UB, and I don't believe that leaving UB means they want to leave ecrew. I also don't think it is fair to say good riddance if they make that choice. I also don't think (for the reasons I mentioned in a previous post) that there is any power of numbers. At the end of the day rookies and donks are worth much more in rake to UB than a small community of skilled players will ever be. UB is a business and it's primary focus is making money. However, ecrew is about community and having fun, and that is something which is unique and should be cherished. That is why I put forward this idea.

mirch said...

I admire Susieque for her efforts and dedication in running the UBecrew. I am relatively new to the Internet Poker, but I find the ecrew one of the best. Even though I have won only twice out of more than 20 times I have played, I think that I am playing much better poker now than ever before. I have met so many nice people (virtually). And I hope to continue to play on Tuesdays.
May God bless Susie!

Anonymous said...

The-Prophet said...
“Clearly, ecrew is not going to stop people from leaving UB...”

I beg to differ. Ecrew is the ONLY reason I didn't leave UB years ago! Since that time I've watched and whined each of the countless times UB shot itself in the foot. Then it dawned on me why I play online poker. It is entertainment plain and simple. And what could possibly be more entertaining than ecrew??

Suppose you play for the money, not the entertainment. Well, if that’s the case you wouldn’t play ecrew. Talk about negative EV! And if you are only in it for the $, then you wouldn’t have played on UB before because it was easier to find fish on other sites. But now that AP players are with us, there are plenty of fish on UB ;)

Yes, UB has its problems. But, so does every other site. And now, with the latest change, it is hard to distinguish between UB, Stars, or Tilt. The major difference is the community.

icyravenhawk said...

Susie you are a great hostess and an even better person. I begged to play ecrew :) and have met some very amazing people because of it.

I too agree with Keechi about the many issues of UB and the lack of focus.

main thing is ,,,,ecrew is ub and that is where it needs to be!!!

Stay being you!