Monday, December 1, 2008

CEREUS Change Not Likely

I have voted with my feet and closed both my UB and AP accounts. There are various reasons, not least the new platform, which I mentioned in my earlier 'Adios UB' post.

I know Susie is doing everything she can to address the problems and that is admirable. But if UB are so interested in the wishes of players, why did the make this change? Why did they not listen to us in the previous 24 months? Everyone is complaining about the new platform and saying what the don't like, but what DO people like about it? And if UB does address all the "issues" surely then we will just have the OLD platform with a NEW name? No, it's not going to happen. I don't like Stars, and because UB is now using the same platform as Stars but worse, any resolution will be a compromise, and I for one am not happy with that. I also don't get why they did this in the first place. Better security is BS. I'm sure the real reason is cost savings.

What will happen is promises will be made, little tweaks will be offered and it will all happen very slowly. By then lots of players will be used to it and will say "its not too bad really", but in the meantime UB will still be making a fortune from all the newbies that play lots of low buy-in sats, snipers and rebuys, which is their main revenue stream. The end result will not be much different to how it is now.

If however it does all happen I may come back to UB, but I won't hold my breath. I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic.

No comments: