Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Cereus Epiphany

Like everyone else, there things I like and don't like about the new format. Overall I've been getting used to it....but for some reason still felt somewhat disoriented at times. Last night it dawned on me why:

It's the BUTTON PLACEMENT. Sometimes the button is offset to the "dealer's" left.... ...sometimes it's offset to the dealer's right. Very confusing (at least to me).

As a hand progresses, identifying players' positions relative to the button is not intuitive.

BTW......I use the traditional UB view (red chairs and no avatars) where the button is placed in front of either the right arm . . . or the left arm. . . of the dealer's chair.

Perhaps I'm just spatially-challenged, but wondered if anyone else is bothered by this?????

Thanks for letting me rant. See ya at the tables. ----- mcat

3 comments:

FrankyBgood said...

Hey Cat! I was thinking the same exact thing. I couldnt remember exactly where it was before but it screws me up sometimes now.

btw, there was an update yesterday...i'm still looking for what actually was "updated"...

Metrocat said...

I don't recall for certain how the button was placed in the old format, but I think it was offset to the dealer's left.

Intuitively, that would make it easier to ascertain relative position....the button acts as a line of demarcation:

- Chips to the left of the
button would belong to the SB.

- Chips to the right of the
button belong to the dealer.

That's My two-cents-worth (perhaps shillings if you're Cowhead).

g'day----mcat

evilCrusher said...

I use the new interface, after you get used to it, its easier than the classic. Or at least i thought so.