This may not be the most popular idea, but under the circumstances, it might make sense.
Ultimate Bet have made changes that no one really likes and I know Susie is doing her best to get things changed, but what are the positives of the new site? I won't bother listing all the negatives (there's far too many and most have been mentioned in other posts) but i'm sure we all agree that there are very few positives, with the main positive being the community. I know UB are going to tweak the site but lets be real, it's always going to be a poor compromise with what it used to be, and it will never be anything like it was.
Whilst playing on other sites this week, I bumped into a few familar faces who all said they have left UB. This alarmed me and prompted me to write this post. I thought rather than people leaving one by one and ecrew dying slowly alongside UB, why don't we move ecrew to a site that everyone is happy with? And do this before there is no community left on UB!
Loyalty is a great thing but lets get our priority's right. If community is the most important thing, we could move to a new site and have the best of both worlds.
Whilst I may not be the most active ecrew player, I do think ecrew is a great community and it would be a shame to see ecrew fall apart because people leave UB.
Rather than do nothing, maybe we should take a vote on this before its too late.
What do you think?
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok I'm not really sure how to respond to this so I am just going to throw my thoughts out there and you can take them for what you will. As we all know Ecrew started as a tribute to my late husband. He is the one who got me playing this crazy game and He is the reason Ecrew was born. I got my start playing on UB, We started ecrew on UB, I have been fortunate enough to not only meet my boyfreind on UB but many of the ecrew players through Ecrew events and Ub sponsored events and trips such as Aruba. I AM UB through and through!!! This group would not have become as close as we are if not for the community UB has. And none of us would have the pleasure of seeing (virtually) each other every tues night. Because of this group and the fact that there is power in numbers I have been given contacts to take care of all of you just like a Host in a local casino. I dont get anything out of it But being able to help all of you! I have never begged anyone to play ecrew and never asked for a thing in return. All I want to do is help make this site the best it can be. Not for myself but you ALL of you. Ub has been very good to me and has always taken care of the players who needed help. I am not 100% happy with the changes and I will continue to do what I can to improve it. Ecrew is UBECREW and I will not move it and I will not alter it. For those of you who choose not to play here that is fine by me. It is your hard earned money and you should spend it where you see fit.
My efforts will continue to help make things great for all of us. And for those who have left UB and left ecrew..All I have to say is you really just dont get the whole point of Ecrew and maybe your better off enjoying the million players and huge fields at Stars OR the non speaking boring tables at fulltilt!
Either way I wish you luck and hope that someday you "get" the whole reason for Ecrew"
I guess I touched a nerve with my post which is not what I intended. Whilst I ofcourse understand what ecrew is about, it would be a pity to stand by and see ecrew slowly disintergrate with UB.
UB is a close community, it plays to a very high standard, and the table chat and the people you meet are also excellent. These are not things you get from playing on other sites.
Having said that, and even though it may not be my place to be concerned, because I believe that ecrew IS a great community and it IS a lot of fun, I am concerned for the future and I would not like to see ecrew fall slowly apart. That's why I put forward the idea of perhaps moving it to another site (temporarally perhaps?). It does concern me that people are leaving UB and it seems that being a member of ecrew is not a good enough reason to make them stay. People are leaving UB because they feel strongly about the changes and also because they feel that UB have disregarded their concerns and needs. It seems that these people feel that because that UB has ignored their opinions so many times, they now have had enough. A sad consequence of their decision is that they also won't be playing with ecrew any more.
Clearly, ecrew is not going to stop people from leaving UB, and I don't believe that leaving UB means they want to leave ecrew. I also don't think it is fair to say good riddance if they make that choice. I also don't think (for the reasons I mentioned in a previous post) that there is any power of numbers. At the end of the day rookies and donks are worth much more in rake to UB than a small community of skilled players will ever be. UB is a business and it's primary focus is making money. However, ecrew is about community and having fun, and that is something which is unique and should be cherished. That is why I put forward this idea.
Post a Comment