Okay, I'm not the type that grumbles about cards - after all it's a game with luck as significant factor, so anything can happen. But this was a little out of the ordinary. Last night I was playing two tournaments at the same time. At the same time in tournament #1 I have JQ of diamonds and in tournament #2 I have 33. Here's what happened:
Tournament #1
I am in seat 6 and call BB with JQ diamonds.
Seats 7, 8, 9 fold
Seat 1 (SB) calls
Seat 2 (BB) raises 3x
I call what is now a 2-bet to me
Flop is QJJ (I flop full house)
BB Checks
I bet pot
Turn is A
BB Checks
I Bet 1/2 pot
River is 10
BB pushes all in and has me covered
I call
BB shows AJ (he hits Jacks over Aces on turn)
I'm out
Tournament #2 (happening in another window simultaneously with Tournament #1)
I am in BB (Seat 2) and have 33
Seat 3 Calls BB
Seat 4 raises minimum
Seat 5 Calls
Seat 1 (SB) Calls
I Call the minimum raise
Seat 3 Calls
Flop is 883 (I flop Full House)
Seat 1 (SB) Checks
I bet pot
Seat 3 folds
Seat 4 (original raiser) folds
Seat 5 folds
Seat 1 (SB) Calls
Turn is 5
Seat 1 (SB) Checks
I bet pot (at this point I figure him for 8 and as long as board doesn't pair I'm getting paid)
Seat 1 (SB) Calls
River is 2
Seat 1 (SB) Checks
I push all in
Seat 1 (SB) Calls and shows 55
He hit the bigger Full House on the turn (just like Tournament #1)
Okay, things like this happen, but how often do they happen to the same player at the same precise time on two different tables? - WOW!!!!
Good thing I'm not prone to throwing things or I wouldn't be able to type this blog on my laptop right now.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Tom, I can soooooo relate to ya. I wouldnt post any bb stories cause we wouldnt get out of it being so many but here's one out of the ordinary...
I'm playing the $30rebuy last week. I've got over 105k in chips. This guy, Sevensup or something like that is to my left and he's got 15k. I get AA, put him allin, he calls with 10-10. He hits 10 on flop. I'm now at 90k, he's at 30k. The very next hand, I get AA again...he raises, i reraise allin, he calls with...10-10...hits 10 on flop!!! We're now almost even at 60k (he's got me by 100 chips or something)...2 hands pass...I get AA yet again! I raise, he reraises, I go allin, he calls with...guess what? 10-10!!!
And of course, you know it, he hits 10 on fuckin flop!!!! I've never ever heard, seen or read anything like that in my life!!!
I gotta say, i was so fucked up inside, I went allin with crap in the other tourney i was in and busted, I just wanted it to be over.
These are the kind of things you really need to take a breather before playin again...
Anyways...when im calm, i remember that some people actually win the lotto even if they're 15000000 to 1 against it...so, shit will definitely happen.
Better luck next time! Hang in there.
That's another memorable one Franky..... Wow!
A break during a very unlucky streak is always a good idea. When my bad streaks hit, it's amazing how many times I lose a hand when I am 85-95% favorite to win it. Unfortunately for me it continued yesterday, which Cowhead got to see first hand, so it's time for a break.
Other than ecrew on Tuesday, I'll see you back at the tables when I've shaken off this monkey on my back.
Good luck!
Post a Comment