Friday night, $15k guaranteed.
The table had been loose and this guy was a player I had down as a calling station.
It's the early stages of the tourney but had noted him previous in a previous tourney.
If he does infact have the ACE then he hit a 2 outer on the river.
What was bugging me was that I had been playing and running pretty badly for a while before I sat down to play this and had chipped up quite quickly i the early stages and didn't want to blow them straight off here.
Either way I didn't like the situation but it's buggng me now. What do you guys think?
Stage #1409100594 Tourney ID 4031878 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $60 - 2009-01-14 20:49:49 (ET)Table: 85 (Real Money)
Seat #8 is the dealerSeat 1 - JOHNMATZKE ($2014 in chips)
Seat 2 - NBSMOKE ($2085 in chips)Seat 3 - PIEPATCH ($2070 in chips)
Seat 4 - MARYZILLA48 ($2455 in chips)
Seat 5 - JE168225 ($1762.50 in chips)
Seat 6 - COWHEAD72 ($2755 in chips)
Seat 7 - DZ00NUTS ($1340 in chips)
Seat 8 - BRADY12BUNCH ($7982.50 in chips)
Seat 9 - ACESJAMMI111 ($4310 in chips)
ACESJAMMI111 - Posts small blind $30
JOHNMATZKE - Posts big blind $60
*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to COWHEAD72 [Kh Kd]
NBSMOKE - Folds
PIEPATCH -Folds
MARYZILLA48 - FoldsJE168225 - Folds
COWHEAD72 - Raises $180 to $180
DZ00NUTS - Calls $180
BRADY12BUNCH - Folds
ACESJAMMI111 - Calls $150
JOHNMATZKE - Calls $120
*** FLOP *** [Ac 2s 2h]
ACESJAMMI111 - Checks
JOHNMATZKE - Checks
COWHEAD72 - Checks
DZ00NUTS - Checks
I checked the flop because I felt that one of these guys held an ace and wouldnt let it go.
*** TURN *** [Ac 2s 2h] [Kc]
WOW! I FILL UP!!
I make a small bet here thinkng a "rag ace" now improves to aces up with K kicker and I will get action. I know I'm getting action if anyone has a 2 also.
ACESJAMMI111 - Checks
JOHNMATZKE - Checks
COWHEAD72 - Bets $120
DZ00NUTS - Calls $120
ACESJAMMI111 - Folds
JOHNMATZKE - Folds
*** RIVER *** [Ac 2s 2h Kc] [As]
Fuck me!!!! The worst card in the deck!
COWHEAD72 - Checks
DZ00NUTS - All-In $1040COWHEAD72 - Folds
(Fold & Show [Kh Kd]) DZ00NUTS - returned ($1040) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***DZ00NUTS - Does not showDZ00NUTS Collects $960 from main pot***
Jeezus, looking back I think it's a horrible laydown. I'm now thinking I'm a total fucking idiot but let me know what you think.
I hear pot odds are useless if you think you are beaten. Does this apply here?
Cow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Cow! Considering the way I play right now, I'm not sure I should volunteer thoughts on this...but here goes anyways.
I think a short stack who limps with Ax is waiting for 3 things before shoving:
1)Someone who can double him up
and
2)An ace on the flop
and
3)For that someone to show a bit of weakness.
I think such a donk would've bet big and might even have shoved after your check on such a flop and would be happy to win it right there and not playing past the flop.
I think, even if it is a possibility that he does in fact have the Ax and now shoved the boat, it is more likely that he's got something like JJ or TT and the 2nd ace poppin makes him think you don't have one.
Now, b4 going to the "bad fold" or "good fold" part, to me your saying is not entirely correct:
It should go something like: "Pot odds don't mean chit if losing the hand has you crippled"
Even though it might be a tough laydown, making it still leaves you in great position. And in this case, even if you fold, your M is still at 25! LOTS of time to play.
You call and win, M is close to 50.
Then again, if you do call and lose, your M would still be 16. Not a desperate situation.
Since he has been acting like a station...since there's a good possibility that he could be bluffin...since he could make that play with QQ-JJ-TT also...
Since all that, and that losing the hand still has you in an ok shape, I would've called it.
Then again, he probably would show me 22 at that point lol
Personally, I'd have bet more on the turn to force the A rag to fold to the paired board.
Post a Comment