Sunday, January 11, 2009

Any way to win when you're ahead? (aka anyone fold a flush draw?)

Since nobody seems to be bloggin anymore, I'll use this as my daily bad beat/donk bashin billboard! :-)

Does anyone actually think before acting?
Anyone not putting his tourney life on the line with 8 outs?
So freakin frustrating to see plays like that!

Stage #1403655998 Tourney ID 2113517 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $200 -
2009-01-11 16:32:59 (ET)Table: 12 (Real Money)
Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 1 - KREJ ($1280 in chips)
Seat 2 - CHICAGOLOSER ($9120.50 in chips)
Seat 3 - CYANO ($1225 in chips)
Seat 4 - LUNGFISH ($13535 in chips)
Seat 5 - FRANKYBGOOD ($3883 in chips)
Seat 6 - MIKECHR_23 ($3740 in chips)
Seat 7 - I PLAY HIGH ($5044.50 in chips)
Seat 8 - MADMONEY125 ($3930 in chips)
Seat 9 - PAPOORBOY ($2930 in chips)

CYANO - Posts small blind $100
LUNGFISH - Posts big blind $200

*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to FRANKYBGOOD [8h 8d]

FRANKYBGOOD - Calls $200
MIKECHR_23 - Folds
I PLAY HIGH - Folds
MADMONEY125 - Calls $200
PAPOORBOY - Folds
KREJ - Folds
CHICAGOLOSER - Folds
CYANO - Folds
LUNGFISH - Checks

*** FLOP *** [8s 6c 4c]
LUNGFISH - Checks
FRANKYBGOOD - Bets $400
MADMONEY125 - Raises $1150 to $1150
LUNGFISH - Folds
FRANKYBGOOD - All-In(Raise) $3283 to $3683
MADMONEY125 - Calls $2533

*** TURN *** [8s 6c 4c] [Qd]

*** RIVER *** [8s 6c 4c Qd] [Kc]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
FRANKYBGOOD - Shows [8h 8d] (Three of a kind, eights)
MADMONEY125 - Shows [Ac 2c] (Flush, ace high)

MADMONEY125 Collects $8066 from main pot
FRANKYBGOOD IS ELIMINATED AND FKN PISSED

3 comments:

Eric said...

Hey, he DID have a backdoor straight draw too, lest you forget! Not to mention how hard he believed his club was coming; that has to improve his odds of getting there as well. With all of the adjustments and conversion rates, I have him as about a 2-to-1 favorite there.

In all seriousness, that's pretty ugly though... I'm not sure how he gets that much money in on the flop in that spot.

TomPhoolery said...

Franky,

As you know, I can sympathize with you.

The reason I much prefer to play with higher caliber players is that they have enough sense to fold in situations like that and don't expect to suck out. Unfortunately, the less skilled players come to expect suck outs so they play them all the time. In the long run they lose and we win, but those short-term gains for them when we're the ones paying for it can be stingers.

Good luck!

SusieQue said...

Yea what he said