
Well, it was all we expected it to be and more!
Attending and meeting for an incredible meal at Carmine's were our dear SusieQ and boytoy FSTYFNGRS, with Houn, TomPhoolery, AngryTeeTee and local hubby rattybastard, SassyTexan, EvilCrusher, aguy2no and wife, Cheryl7760 (who will probably be forever remembered as seabreeze now!), Ferricramsium and myself. Mooknam and the wife (great gal btw) plus Lucky275 and stick-n-mud joined the group later (geez, I sure hope i didn't forget anyone!)
We ate what seemed like a mountain of food and, contrary to popular belief, I wasn't the one who ate the most! (I'll let you guess "whoun" that was :-)
We finished diner just in time to play the evening tournament where we....basically....sucked with ratty being the last ecrewer out, in 8th place.
Since everyone had to be up veryyyyy earlier that morning to either catch flights in or to drive (9 hours for me), everyone was dead by midnight so we went to bed to be in good shape the next day.
A few people played in the WSOP circuit event at Caesar's on Friday and unfortunetly don't have much to report except for bad beat stories of early exits.
We therefore hit the evening tourney at the Trop again where we did a bit better getting 4 in the last 2 tables and taking 5th, 4th and a chop in the final 3.

But then, the private cash game started (live cash games having been my breadnbutter for a long time, I couldn't wait)and the party was underway. That's the main reason why we made it to AC, to play all together, make jokes and call each other donkeys! As Suz put it: "I don't have any respect for your game anymore Franky!" lol....of course, cash games, especially privates like those are very different...and I did push the looseness to a maximum. I must have played about 90% of the hands, right Scott? :-)
Then again, cash games (which i played also on a non-private basis) made me cover my hotel bill at the Trop, which is, if you know a little about AC Casino rates on weekends, totally insane! So all in all, the crazyness was a good thing :-)
One memorable hand got things underway when Cheryl, after drinking what seemed like 12 seabreezes :) was in a big hand with Sassy and Mook. Flop was Q33 with both Sassy and Mook pushing hard and Cheryl following in excrutiate pain! When the turn brought another Q, everyone shouted "oh oh!"....when all the cards were up and all the betting done, Cheryl showed her Queen and said with a dejected look on her face, the now famous: "You got me Mook!" Totally oblivious to the fact that she had the nuts (well, 2nd to quad 3s of course)!
Oh my god, that was priceless!!! Nice pot Seabreeze sweety! :-)

We had loads of fun that night, which ended at 3am with rat sleeping at the table for most of the final 30 min...to the point where we thought we could leave him there and he wouldn't wake up!
It also ended on a big hand for me when I flopped a set of deuces on a 9-6-2 flop to Lucky's A9...the turn was garbage but the river was another 9. We kept it friendly cause otherwise, Lucky was losing his whole stack there :-)
Saturday saw Evil be the only one making the FT of the tourney, taking 7th. The rest of us decided to start the private game early and that was again loads of fun with a bunch of huge pots...all started by TT who rivered a set of aces to this non-ub guy's flopped set of jacks. She did river a few other hands...but I made a few big laydowns to her also. TT wears her hands on her face :-)
All in all, this was just an awesome trip and it was soooooooo great seeing all of you live. You're all great people which I definetly consider friends after all of this and I can't wait to do it again! Maybe even this summer sometime for those who are closer and who won't hit the WSOP (right Mook?)

There should be a few pictures posted soon on the site (here are at least Cheryl's pix from thursday's diner)....as for myself, I ended up taking only one picture, the top one :( but it's a good one cause it's the one with my lovely Cheryl)...seriously people, who couldn't love that woman...what a gem!
So I hope to all see you again soon and please post your own little stories....
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Attending and meeting for an incredible meal at Carmine's were our dear SusieQ and boytoy FSTYFNGRS, with Houn, TomPhoolery, AngryTeeTee and local hubby rattybastard, SassyTexan, EvilCrusher, aguy2no and wife, Cheryl7760 (who will probably be forever remembered as seabreeze now!), Ferricramsium and myself. Mooknam and the wife (great gal btw) plus Lucky275 and stick-n-mud joined the group later (geez, I sure hope i didn't forget anyone!)
We ate what seemed like a mountain of food and, contrary to popular belief, I wasn't the one who ate the most! (I'll let you guess "whoun" that was :-)
We finished diner just in time to play the evening tournament where we....basically....sucked with ratty being the last ecrewer out, in 8th place.
Since everyone had to be up veryyyyy earlier that morning to either catch flights in or to drive (9 hours for me), everyone was dead by midnight so we went to bed to be in good shape the next day.
A few people played in the WSOP circuit event at Caesar's on Friday and unfortunetly don't have much to report except for bad beat stories of early exits.
We therefore hit the evening tourney at the Trop again where we did a bit better getting 4 in the last 2 tables and taking 5th, 4th and a chop in the final 3.

But then, the private cash game started (live cash games having been my breadnbutter for a long time, I couldn't wait)and the party was underway. That's the main reason why we made it to AC, to play all together, make jokes and call each other donkeys! As Suz put it: "I don't have any respect for your game anymore Franky!" lol....of course, cash games, especially privates like those are very different...and I did push the looseness to a maximum. I must have played about 90% of the hands, right Scott? :-)
Then again, cash games (which i played also on a non-private basis) made me cover my hotel bill at the Trop, which is, if you know a little about AC Casino rates on weekends, totally insane! So all in all, the crazyness was a good thing :-)
One memorable hand got things underway when Cheryl, after drinking what seemed like 12 seabreezes :) was in a big hand with Sassy and Mook. Flop was Q33 with both Sassy and Mook pushing hard and Cheryl following in excrutiate pain! When the turn brought another Q, everyone shouted "oh oh!"....when all the cards were up and all the betting done, Cheryl showed her Queen and said with a dejected look on her face, the now famous: "You got me Mook!" Totally oblivious to the fact that she had the nuts (well, 2nd to quad 3s of course)!
Oh my god, that was priceless!!! Nice pot Seabreeze sweety! :-)

We had loads of fun that night, which ended at 3am with rat sleeping at the table for most of the final 30 min...to the point where we thought we could leave him there and he wouldn't wake up!
It also ended on a big hand for me when I flopped a set of deuces on a 9-6-2 flop to Lucky's A9...the turn was garbage but the river was another 9. We kept it friendly cause otherwise, Lucky was losing his whole stack there :-)
Saturday saw Evil be the only one making the FT of the tourney, taking 7th. The rest of us decided to start the private game early and that was again loads of fun with a bunch of huge pots...all started by TT who rivered a set of aces to this non-ub guy's flopped set of jacks. She did river a few other hands...but I made a few big laydowns to her also. TT wears her hands on her face :-)
All in all, this was just an awesome trip and it was soooooooo great seeing all of you live. You're all great people which I definetly consider friends after all of this and I can't wait to do it again! Maybe even this summer sometime for those who are closer and who won't hit the WSOP (right Mook?)

There should be a few pictures posted soon on the site (here are at least Cheryl's pix from thursday's diner)....as for myself, I ended up taking only one picture, the top one :( but it's a good one cause it's the one with my lovely Cheryl)...seriously people, who couldn't love that woman...what a gem!
So I hope to all see you again soon and please post your own little stories....
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
1 comment:
WOW! What an incredible trip! Although I came back a "loser" as it relates to poker, I had the absolute time of my life. It was fun meeting some of my UB friends for the first time and getting reaquainted with other long time UB buddies. I am already looking forward to next year. Thank you guys for being such great friends and Susie, thank you for organizing such a great event. Count me in for next year! Love you guys....
Post a Comment