Sunday, February 22, 2009

UB Software updates = More suckouts (I wonder)

Okay maybe it's just me but it seems that every time there is a software update there are more suckouts than normal for some period of time after the update. There was a software update midweek last week and since then I have had horrible cards and then when do get cards I get sucked out on EVERY TIME and usually by one of the short stacks at the table. An example is today. My AQ suited losing to A9 off-suit with a 9 on the river and in a later tournament my QQ losing to 77 with a 7 on the turn. In both cases I raised 4x BB preflop only to have the other player come over the top all in and then I call. In the first example I had twice as many chips going into the hand, which by the way we were down to the bubble. Losing that hand now made me short stack on bubble, which I proceeded to do. In the second example I had 100 less in chips going into the hand. These are today's examples. I've had the same thing happen every day since the software update. I feel like UB is somehow punishing me for cashing some money out recently. Is that possible? Well, I guess it's time for a break from online play again.

Good luck at the tables everyone! I may not be online much between now and our AC trip.

3 comments:

TomPhoolery said...

Okay, so I decided I'm going to play one tournament a day for a while until this nonsense stops. I'm playing in the 5K Sniper right now. The guy to my right (BIGSTEVEN) is playing extremely loose. When I'm on the button he pushes all-in his 1500 chips to steal the blinds at 15 and 30. The very next hand he does the same thing and pushes all-in 1545 chips. I have 2150 in chips and I'm holding AA. I call. He shows K9 off-suit. The flop comes 995. The turn is 9. The donk flops a set and hits quads on the turn against my AA. 16 hands later I am on the SB with QQ. With no other callers the donk (BIGSTEVEN) is on the button and pushes me all-in (540 chips). I call. He shows K3 off-suit. Flop is 895. Turn is K. River is 10. He hits the 3-outer on the turn. I'm out! Unreal!!!!

Beware of this donk BIGSTEVEN. He pushes with nothing and is sucking out big time.

FrankyBgood said...

Somehow Tom, I'm sooooo comfortable in my break from online play until AC when I read that crap...

It just brings me back lol

The worst thing is knowing that somewhere out there, Bigsteven is actually feeling quite good about his play!

Bring on live play...fast!

TomPhoolery said...

Franky, I'm sure he quite proud of himself for a while. I kept the tournament lobby open to see how he finished. He didn't come anywhere close to the money. Later I checked his stats on pokerdb. He has never cashed. Gee, there's a big surprise!

I've been FTP for the past couple of days and I'm still running bad on cards, butt the beats haven't been so bad. I just hope I shake this card dead streak before WSOP event in AC.

I'll see you there!