Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ramblings from AC

I don't have much time to write about Atlantic City right at this exact minute. What has to be said is that it was a damn great time. I had met a few of you before (Susie, fsty, teetee), and it was excellent to meet so many more of you in such an enjoyable place. I learned that Houn can't pronounce the name of his favorite liquor. And I learned that SassyTexan does not screw around when it comes to Chicken Parm. And that it only takes 13 Seabreezes before Cheryl can no longer read her hole cards or the board. It was a blast to see how all of our different (and similar) personalities shaped the long evenings of droopy-eyed card playing. Thanks to all of you who were there for a great time!

I would also like to point out that I believe I have set the bar for quickest live tournament bust-out on an Ecrew trip. Unless someone can prove different! The first night we got there, we all played the little nightly tournament after dinner. Somehow, I managed to procrastinate long enough to register late, despite everyone else successfully getting a seat. I was #7 on the list, and I finally got a chair in the fourth level. With the blinds at 1-200, I settled into the table and watched the first two hands go by. I don't know why I was getting so comfortable.

On the third hand, the player under the gun opened with a raise to 700. An older gentleman next to act flat called, and I was third to act as I peeked down at J-J. With 10,000 starting chips, I would typically lean towards calling behind in that spot, but I elected to bump it up to 2,100 to discourage any many more trash collectors from entering the pot. It folded around to the original raiser, who quickly folded as well. Disgustingly, the older man shot me a glance and shoved his whole stack forward. I fold.

Oh, no wait. I called. Dang, that's right. And he turned over A-A. Yep. Good game!

Ooh, but I still have chips. 1,275 of them, to be exact. The very next hand, I am first into the pot, and I move all in with A-T. The big blind shrugs and calls, turning over A-7. Before the seven can even hit on fourth street, I am already up out of my chair wishing everyone luck. I waited an hour and a half to play four hands of a touranament! To cap it off, I would end up bubbling the $340 WSOP Circuit event at Caesars the next day, finishing right around 110 out of 983.

Had an absolute blast. Ah, the wonderful gray shores of southern New Jersey!

1 comment:

SusieQue said...

I just love you Kiddo...It was so good to see ya!