Thursday, November 19, 2009

Like landing on the moon and not stepping foot on it!

Well folks, my great adventure has come to an end. I honestly played extremely well this whole week but late on day 4, when blinds were up to 10000-20000 with 3000 antes (That's 60000 per orbit people!) and my stack had been bleeding chips enough to bring itself down to 270000, this guy in position 4 (who had been raising E-V-E-R-Y single time it was folded to him) raised to 80k. It was folded around to me...I looked at Ace-Ten and not only felt there was a huge chance I had the best hand here, but I thought that shoving 270000 on the donk gave him enough fold equity not to act like what he is...a donkmaster! So I shoved it.

Before I give you the "Happy ending", you have to know that since this was a charity event, they made the prize structure exceptionnaly top heavy, so the purse was the same from 20th to 11th. We were still 14 people alive at that point. So, there's not even a question in my mind that I can't even begin to think about just trying to survive to make the final table. I have to use the chips I have to steal or doubleup, otherwise those blinds and antes are gonna eat me up in minutes.

So now, you think the guy has pretty good fold equity if he raises with shit or even average...well, donkmaster called me. (That's a 60%-of-his-stack-call ladies and gents!) with what???

10-7 !!! www.tenfuckingseven.com!!! So, since you are very observant, you noticed that not only am I ahead, I got him crushed to 3 outs. Great decision Franky, once again, you played it awesome! Well, by now, you know it....flop comes 7-3-2...and he hit his 3-outer on my bigass and I'm out in 14th place.

I gotta say folks, after making it this far in a big tourney, after 4 days and 31 hours of great decisions and great poker, busting out in 14th place on a 3-outer to someone's bad decision feels like a prostate exam!...or, if you like the mental image better, like my title mentioned, it's like making it to the Moon, land the freaking rocket but not going out for a stroll!

Anyways, the week was great and I'm really reallyyyyy happy with my play during those 4 days...I can't look back on it and find one very bad decision. So, that, in itself, is very satisying.

Thanks for the support and take care.

No comments: