Keeping the strategy in track, patience along with awesome reading of people gave me an awesome Day2!!!
2 key hands:
1)Blinds are at 400-800 with 100 antes. I have 46k. I'm in the cutoff. This guy in the BB has been raising a lot and has been caught a few times bluffing. It's folded to me and I have AKoff. I decide to limp with it with the intention of reraising if someone raises but to play it tight if I everyone limps and I dont hit. Button calls as expected, SB calls and BB checks. 4200 in the pot.
Flop is K-T-7 rainbow. SB checks, BB bets out 2100...I call. But oh! surprise, both the button and SB call! Pot is 12600.
Turn is 3. SB checks, BB bets out 7000. I count all my chips, make it seem like i'm gonna raise...button and SB seem pissed. So I decide to just call. Button and SB fold. 26600 in pot.
River is 9. BB comes out betting 16k right away! I just felt it in my gut that he was weak. Probably AT or something like that. Since I have 36k at that point, i decide to stick to my read...he's weak, I shove allin! He takes about 3 min....the longer he thinks, the better I feel about my AK there...but he calls! Well, he had QT!!!! Dont try this at home folks, I played it tricky but pretty dangerously, no way I could play it like that online. So that brought to 100k or just about.
But then, as always, got a cold spell...and I couldnt really get anything going for 2 hours. Since the blinds were going up steadily, my stack dwindled down to 80k, with blinds at 1k-2k antes 300 when this hand came up:
I'm in the cutoff again. 4th position limps and I decide to play this hand to try and doubleup since there's only 30min in Day 2. So, I decide to limp also with QQ! Button folds but SB decides to raise to 8k. 4th position folds so It's HU with the SB...so what to do? Raise right here? Just call and see? The guy had a monster stack and I just felt he was trying to smack the limpers...so I went with my read, feeling he was weak and to see if I can get max value if no A or K flops so I call only. 24000 in pot.
Well, flop comes T-4-4 with 2 hearts. Dude bets out 16k. Flop feels pretty good for my QQ...apart from the flush draw. So i think about it about 30 seconds and I call it. 56000 in pot.
Turn comes 3 of hearts...so possible flush and boat out there. He bets 26k super fast. Now, that made me think he didnt have that flush, let alone the boat. Maybe AT? Maybe Ax with the Ah?
I do have the Qh however. So now, since he's got me covered, I'm thinking, well, I'm probably good here but do I want to shove right there? If I do and he's got an avg hand or a good draw, he might still call me cause that would give him 2.5 to 1...Now, I just felt he was bluffing the whole way...So I decided right there that I was doubling up or busting, no matter what the river was. So I called it only. 108k in pot!
River is 7c...He almosts says ALLIN before the card hits the felt...So now, even though I had pretty much made up my mind on the turn, the reality of my tourney life being at stakes hits me like a ton of bricks and I go in the tank! Like 3...4....5 mins...!!! People were cool though, nobody called the clock on me. In the end, i figured I played the whole hand the same way, thinking he was weak and my final decision was helped by Mike "the mad genius" Caro...cause out of the corner of my eye, I saw that the guy had his cards in his left hand like he was gonna muck it expecting me to fold...and that did it! I CALL!!!!
"Nice call, u got me!" He showed T-2!!! And I slammed my QQ! YES!!!! Such a satisfying hand guys, awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment