Friday, May 29, 2009

PLAYER OF THE MONTH FOR MAY 2009


Well ecrewers, this is it.


For 5 weeks now, you have been given stats to our weekly little poker shindig. And so, the time has come to announce the 1st ever Player of the Month award.


First, let me explain how the decision is taken for future reference:


1)It is important to play almost every week. So in a 5 week month like this one, I start by looking at people who played all 5 or 4 out of 5. This means that even if you play only one week and win that week, you will not be considered for the POTM award. That being said, if something truly exceptionnal happened to make me reconsider this 1st criteria, I would. For instance, someone winning the only 2 weeks they played or a 1st and a 2nd or something like that. Of course, if nobody really stands out who has played most of them, I might look further.


2)Although point average per week is a good thing to look at, point total gives me a very good idea of someone playing often and playing well. So those are important.


3)Then, of course, ROI is also a good thing to look at. But as you know, since these days we see about 28 people playing and 3 people making the money, most of us are all in - ROI.


4)Of course, number of final tables or number of times in the money, etc, are all things I look at.


5)Finally, and this one you won't find in the stats, since I'm railing all final tables no matter what to get the stats every week, I see some of the plays that bring people to their final results. Which means, if I happen to see a bad play getting rewarded and therefore earning a win or a good result, I write down a comment about it in my database. Same thing if someone makes a great play and gets the humougous beat and busts, I note that. So in the end, it might influence the final decision.


So, now, on to the real business!!!


For May 2009, this player:

-Played all 5 tourneys;
-Racked up an impressive 79 points for an average of 15.8 per week;
-Made the FT twice and got 2nd place both times;
-Is the cash leader with $312 in winnings;


and is therefore our 1st ever Player of the Month:


CONGRATULATIONS TO FELDLISS!!!


Honorable mentions to SusieQue and Konabud who came in close.

Also, a note to Ellen00001 and All Golf who played very well but unfortunetly played only 2 out of the 5 weeks.

So there you have it folks. Play well in June and good luck to everyone for the next POTM award!

No comments: