Ok, for once, I won't tell ya how I played it...i want comments as if you were in the same spot.
This the 5k Deep stack, 2 hours in or so...average chip stack is 11000. Table has allowed a lot of limpers lately. I'm in 39th position with 72 players left, pays top 18.
Seat #3 is the dead dealer
Seat 1 - SALTYPEANUTS (4,304 in chips)
Seat 2 - CCOX1933 (5,732 in chips)
Seat 4 - ALLYNLONG (12,348 in chips)
Seat 5 - BALZ130 (19,550 in chips)
Seat 6 - FRANKYBGOOD (8,075 in chips)
Seat 7 - BIGLOU844 (25,154 in chips)
Seat 8 - IEATDONKS (17,569 in chips)
Seat 9 - RIKNROL (7,779 in chips)
Everybody Antes 25
ALLYNLONG - Posts small blind 150
BALZ130 - Posts big blind 300
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to FRANKYBGOOD [7d Ad]
Even though this is not a great UTG hand at all, the previous table action lets me think i might be able to see a flop for the minimum price so i limpcall.
FRANKYBGOOD - Calls 300
BIGLOU844 - Calls 300
IEATDONKS - Folds
RIKNROL - Folds
SALTYPEANUTS - Calls 300
CCOX1933 - Folds
ALLYNLONG - Calls 150
BALZ130 - Checks
It worked, I saw the flop cheaply...
*** FLOP *** [4d 2d 6h]
Considering, that's a pretty good flop for me.
ALLYNLONG - Checks
BALZ130 - Checks
So, I got the nutflush draw and 2 overcards. Then again, there had been a few limpers with some pretty big aces so an ace might not be a winning card for me. I decide to put a feeler bet on the draw out there with about 1/3 of the pot after takin all my clock.
FRANKYBGOOD - Bets 600
BigLou immediately raises to 3.5k
BIGLOU844 - Raises 3,500 to 3,500
Now, the guy is the table chip leader and has been bigstackbullyin quite a bit postflop.
But then, Salty shoves it allin. He's the short stack of the table and close to last in the tourney.
SALTYPEANUTS - All-In(Raise) 3,979 to 3,979
ALLYNLONG - Folds
BALZ130 - Folds
So...I dont think BigLou has a monster but he likely doesnt have air either...which means, he's likely commited and would call my allin protection re-shove.
So 2 possibilities because just callin the allin is not an option cause i cant fold if BigLou puts me allin:
1)I fold and still have 7000...so i still have an M of 14 and could still play to build the stack.
or
2)I go for the win and the big payoff, shove allin and if i win the pot (assuming BigLou doesnt have complete air and calls) I end up in the top5 in chips. Of course, if i don't hit the diamond, I'm out.
What would you have done and plz explain why...
Thanks
Franky
PS: I'll give it a week or so and then post what I did and what happened.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fold pre. I don't care how you try to justify it (table was allowing limping blahhh blahh blah) you should either be raising this utg or folding pre (I like folding PRE all day here).
As played, stackoff and go for the win.
Post a Comment