Hi ecrewers!
Thanks to everyone who sent a kind word my way about the job.
I felt like explaining a little bit and maybe give a "heads-up" to some of you who might be tempted by some political career...
I started teaching Math and Science in the Quebec's Arctic in 1998. Right off the bat, in my 1st year, i was elected union delegate. The School board being very very poorly run, I found myself in a lot of crap.
In 2004, after 5 years as delegate, the position of Union Director for all teachers in Quebec's north (about 1500 members) was opened...i ran for it and was elected. Now, this union is part of a bigger organization with a President running things. Unfortunately, he was running things as well as Bush! So, in 2007, i ran against him for President. (Congress is every 3 years, so the mandate is for 3 years also).
The mistake I made was to have too much integrity and I told him I was running against him 2 months in advance. The result was that he manipulated everyone he could, backstabbed, nailed, jerked at me like a freakin tasmanian devil. He even went to the extreme of having someone who didnt have a shot in hell to run as well, to split the vote.
Well, when the first turn came up, I was ahead in the votes by 48%-44%-8%....So the 3rd guy was eliminated...but guess what happened in the 2nd turn...I lost by 52% to 48%!!! Doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened there...
So wtf does that have to do with this year??? Well...every 3 years....means the next time around is in March 2010...and what's the best way for him to make sure I don't beat him in the next election? Get rid of me THIS year of course!!!! And this is exactly what he managed to do!
Because you see, in order to be on the Executive Committee of the Union, you need to be either liberated or on a fulltime leave from your teaching workload. Now, since he knew there was a loophole in the collective agreement preventing me from getting a fulltime leave, he managed to corrupt enough members on the EC to vote against a liberation....therefore forcing me to resign!
So that's how I lost my job...
So I guess the story here is this: politics is a backstabbing business folks. Don't ever get into it thinking it's not...and dont EVER fully trust anyone outside but ever more INSIDE your team!
So we'll see what comes up...i've already been approached by a few high ranking officials so I'll let ya know.
Thanks again to yall....and may the pokergods be with me in order to make me transform my Step 7s into a 12k pkg!!!
Weeeeeeee
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have faith that this is going to open new the door to new and better opportunities for you Franky! Hang in there!!!!
Okay... not drinking this a.m.....but obviously can't type! Meant to say "is going to open the dorr to new and better opportunities"
Post a Comment